Quick and Easy Instructions to a Safe and Flowing Parking Lot
Our parking lot is managed for utmost safety and efficiency. It is imperative to follow a few simple rules to keep ALL of us safe, and so we do not create traffic back-ups for our neighborhood, the City of Troutdale or our school. Our street, SW 21st, is the only egress that thirteen homes have from their neighborhood above the school.
Remember that each family is assigned a time slot to pick up their students - any exception must be pre-arranged. Time slots have been assigned based on last name.
- Last Names A-G: 3:00-3:10pm
- Last Names H-P: 3:10-3:20pm
- Last Names R-Z: 3:20-3:30pm
- Come at your designated pick-up time
- Slow down
- Form two lanes in the parking lot for PM dismissal (only one lane in AM)
- Pay attention while waiting patiently – please stay off cell phones
- Follow any instructions given parking lot attendants, staff and volunteers alike.
- At pick up, students will be called from the classroom and escorted to your car. Do not call them out of line.
- If your student is not ready, be prepared to park or make an extra loop around the parking lot.
- Once dismissed, be sure to check for traffic coming down 21st Street from the right while exiting our driveway. Sometimes neighbors are driving down!
- At Troutdale Rd., TURN RIGHT ONLY please. No left turns onto Troutdale Rd. permitted. If you plan to drive north on Troutdale Rd., first turn right to head toward Stark St., then turn around at a side street to come back. This is inconvenient, but necessary for traffic flow.
- Do not park on either side of SW 21st between our driveway and Troutdale Road. This is a NO PARKING zone! Thank you.
Walkers will be dismissed between 3:20-3:30.